The Electronic Cigarette Forum

Welcome on TECF, The Electronic Cigarette Forum.

Propylene glycol safety

Eliquid mix and recipes for DIY

Unread postby Neutron » 14 Aug 2012

How safe is propylene glycol, as we all know that PG is one of the ingredient of e liquid. Most e-liquid contains at least 80% and as much as 92% propylene glycol.
So we should know the safety of this.
Neutron
Registered users

Unread postby Psycho » 14 Aug 2012

Neutron, Propylene Glycol (PG) is approved by Health Canada, thus we should not worry of this.
Psycho
Registered users

Unread postby Bugbite » 14 Aug 2012

Neutron wrote:How safe is propylene glycol, as we all know that PG is one of the ingredient of e liquid. Most e-liquid contains at least 80% and as much as 92% propylene glycol.
So we should know the safety of this.

Don't worry PG is safe. We use PG in various common items around your house like:-

Pharmaceuticals - Oral, injectable and topical formulations
Beauty products including makeup, mousse, shampoo, bubble bath, after shave, and deodorant
baby wipes
Pet food
Asthma inhalers
Bugbite
Registered users

Unread postby MisterD » 14 Aug 2012

Bugbite, I salute you.
MisterD
Registered users

Unread postby Vanillrain » 14 Aug 2012

Psycho wrote:Neutron, Propylene Glycol (PG) is approved by Health Canada, thus we should not worry of this.

According to the Health Canada website, "...there are no endpoints of concern for oral, dermal or inhalation exposure to propylene glycol based on the low toxicity observed in studies near or above testing limit doses.
Vanillrain
Registered users

Unread postby Firefly » 22 Jun 2013

In my opinion, the PG ingredient is totally safe, as it is used in absolutely all the types of e-liquid. There are also a lot of health organizations who support this view.
Firefly
Registered users

Unread postby Connor » 10 Aug 2013

No, Firefly, Propylene glycol is everything else but not totally safe to us. It is probably the most harmful ingredient in e-juice after nicotine.
Connor
Registered users

Unread postby Joel » 29 Oct 2013

I am really glad that we are able to read such tips about safe use of PG, as it is considered as quite a dangerous susbtance in e-liquids, if it is not being careful with it.
Joel

Unread postby PetiteFemme » 29 Mar 2014

Yes, Joel is absolutely right, PG is one of the most important components of every e-liquid kind and if we don`t know how to use it safely and properly, we might well have some serious troubles and risks with it :idea:
PetiteFemme
Registered users

Unread postby Cherif » 23 May 2014

The safety of propelyne glycol has been proved many times, even I who was quite skeptical towards this substance, am already convinced that there is nothing dangerous in using it and often add it to the mixes which I DIY at home :) :arrow:
Cherif
Registered users

Unread postby SweetSound » 26 Jul 2014

There are some concerns about the safety of PG in e-juice but so far, I have never read any relevant arguments about them, so for the time being I can say that I am calm using it ;)
SweetSound
Registered users

Return to Eliquid Mix and Recipes